The UCSC Library offers many services and resources of special interest to alumni, including documents about the history of the campus, sources to help you take your academic life or career to its next stage, and tools for continuing education and intellectual growth.
While all alumni have access to the same considerable resources as the general public, members of the UCSC Alumni Association (or any UC alumni association) are entitled to an extended set of library resources, including electronic journals and databases, and borrowing materials from both McHenry and Science & Engineering libraries. PROGRAM EXTENDED: The Library and the Alumni Association are pleased to offer Alumni Association members free access to the Alumni Digital Library (Proquest). This service includes more than 2300 online journals, magazines, and newspapers, many with full text.
- Your UC Alumni Association membership entitles you a UCSC Library card with borrowing privileges to the UCSC Library's collections.*
- You may check out up to 25 books at a time from both the McHenry and Science & Engineering Library collections.
- Books are due in 3 weeks; the date is indicated on the printed receipt.
- Journals are due in 1 week and can be renewed provided no hold has been placed on them.
- UCSC-owned items can be retrieved from off-site storage (NRLF).
- Access electronic resources and databases from home using the ProQuest Alumni Digital Library.
* Note: Alumni borrowing privileges include local holdings, including UCSC titles stored off-campus. However, interlibrary borrowing services and Melvyl Request access to collections of other libraries are not included.
ProQuest is an electronic data service offering thousands of online journals and magazines covering a wide array of subjects. The Friends of the UCSC Library and the UCSC Alumni Assocation are covering the cost for this service in order to offer it at no charge to current members.